Surgical Patient Instructions
What to Bring with to Surgery:
- You may shower, bathe and wash your hair the evening before or the morning of surgery.
- Dress in clean, comfortable clothing and shoes. Please wear a button down or loose neck top.
- Please No Eye Make-up.
- Leave all valuables at home.
- No smoking 8 hours prior to surgery
Eating and Drinking Instructions:
- Blue folder and completed Pre-Anesthesia Evaluation/Record(manila sheet).
- Dakota Eye canvas bag if given at clinic.
- Cataract Sunglasses if second eye.
- All eye drops
- If your surgery is in the morning, you can eat normally the night before, but nothing after midnight.
- If your surgery is in the afternoon, you may have a light breakfast before 7 am then nothing after that.
- Take your medications with a sip of water in the morning except any diabetic medications. We will instruct you on the usage of them. Please call the office if you have questions about your medications or eye drops.
- No chewing gum, hard candy, breath mints, and cough drops for three hours before surgery.