JOB SUMMARY This individual is responsible for welcoming patients to the practice, treating all patients in a professional and courteous manner, checking-in patients, reviewing patient charts to verify necessary information and signatures, and entering new patient information into computer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years minimum experience in medical practice.
- Ability to interact with physicians/staff/patients.
- Familiarity with computers.
- Provides quality patient care for all patients, directly or indirectly.
- The employee is viewed by others as cooperative, respectful, promotes teamwork, and performs other duties as determined by the clinic. Resolves conflict through use of tact and diplomacy
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Motivation to succeed.
- Empathetic personality giving attention to patient's needs and concerns
- Strong organization with attention to detail..
- Management of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of computers
- Respectful treatment of patients and co-workers.
1. Patient Check-In/Check-out
- Checks patients in, greeting everyone in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Tracks patients in the reception area and communicate with them, as needed.
- Evaluates chart data to verify all information has been received, completed, and signatures obtained.
- Scans patient's insurance card.
- Ensures that proper authorization or referral is collected from the patient.
- Assists patients in obtaining authorization or referrals that have not been received by the practice.
- Enters all new patient demographic information into the computer, and takes photo.
- Collects and inputs co-pays, refraction fees and any other known, non-covered or outstanding charges, when appropriate.
- Maintains the cash drawer; responsible for payments received at the front desk.
- Complete opening and closing procedures each day for the front desk.
- Places telephone calls to no-show appointments; reschedules as needed.
- Confirms future patient appointments.
- Provides back-up support on telephones.
- Inspects reception room for neatness.
- Performs other duties as required.
3. Travels to satellite clinics
- Prepares necessary paperwork to take to satellites
- Travels with the team doing whatever is needed to make the day run smoothly.
4. Physical Requirements
- Ability to sit or stand for 8 hours.
- Ability to speak clearly.
- Ability to hear softly spoken words.
5. Other Duties as Assigned
- The employee arrives at work on time each scheduled day of work and completes their assigned shift/schedule unless excused or released by the supervisor.
- Personal time use is kept within the guidelines as set forth in the policy manual.
- Job duties of this position are not anticipated to involve exposure to blood or body fluids and performance of Category 1 and Category 2 tasks, as defined by the Clinic Exposure Control Plan, is not a condition of employment.
Dakota Eye Institute is looking for a part-time employee who is energetic, motivated, and team orientated. Medical reception background is helpful, but not required. We are committed to providing excellent on-the-job training to help you be successful as a receptionist. Responsibilities include: greeting patients, confirming demographic and insurance information, collecting co-pays, and scheduling future appointments.
Dakota Eye Institute is a solid, growing company, with excellent training at all levels. Additionally, we offer an outstanding salary and benefit package.
If you have excellent customer service skills, please consider applying for this position by submitting resume to Brittany at 200 S 5th. St., Bismarck, ND 58504 or email @ email@example.com
. Please fill out the below application to be considered for this position.